COP25 – “Sustainable Cooling in a Warming World” - Count on Cooling
- COP25 – “Sustainable Cooling in a Warming World”
COP25 – “Sustainable Cooling in a Warming World”
On Thursday 5 December 2019 from 13.00 to 14.45, Andrea Voigt, EPEE’s Director General, will speak at the below event organised by the Cool Coalition, WWF, UN Environment and EP100. Read more about the event below!
Sustainable cooling in a warming world
Madrid, COP25, PandaHub
Thursday 5 December 2019, 13.00-14.45.
The Cool Coalition, WWF, UN Environment and EP100 will host a side event on « Sustainable cooling in a warming world » at the COP25 PandaHub on Thursday 5 December from 13.00 to 14.45 (Madrid, Spain).
- Access to cooling is vital to achieve many of the Sustainable Development Goals (e.g. access to clean energy, ensuring health and well-being, etc.).
- Yet the development of the cooling sector is also threatening our efforts to limit global temperature rise to 1.5°C. Today, most refrigerants are also strong greenhouse gases. And the sector is particularly energy-intensive: it accounts for 17% of global electricity today and without significant improvements in energy efficiency, energy demand for cooling is set to grow five-fold by 2050.
- Our future needn’t be so bleak. This event will showcase the concrete actions and opportunities that exist to avoid, shift and improve cooling practices in various sectors in order to provide cooling for all while limiting global temperature rise to 1.5°C.
- It will bring together experts from national and local governments, businesses and civil society that are pioneers in these fields with the aim to inspire others to take action on climate-friendly, efficient cooling.
A light lunch will be provided.
INVITED SPEAKERS AND PANELISTS
- Jenny Calder, Global expert on energy efficiency, WWF
- Anirban Ghosh, Chief Sustainability Officer, Mahindra Rise
- Hu Min, China Advisor, Kigali Cooling Efficiency Programme
- Mark Radka, Chief of the Energy & Climate Branch, UN Environment Programme
- Andrea Voigt, Director General, EPEE
- Government representative (tbc)
|FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Global expert on energy efficiency, WWF
Tel No. +33 6 17 84 66 96
- Date: 05/12/2019
- Time: 13 h 00 min - 14 h 45 min
- Event Category: Past events
- Name: Cool Coalition
- Website: https://coolcoalition.org/